What is FireStick?FireStick is a streaming device that connects to your TV and lets you stream content over the Internet. It’s an Android-based device. However, unlike most Android devices, FireStick does not support Google Play. It uses a modified Android operating system and supports Amazon Store.
With FireStick, you can stream movies, shows, live TV, and just about anything you can think of. You can download dozens of apps from the Amazon Store.
What types of Firestick are available?Aside from price, the biggest difference between the various Models of the Fire TV Stick is the video and audio formats they support. The lower model only supports 1080p, while the higher models are starting to include 4K, Dolby Vision, and Dolby Panorama Sound.
Differences between Firestick and Fire TVIf you want to know which of the two to try at home, read on to find out the main similarities and differences.
- Both require a wi-fi or Ethernet adapter to connect to the Internet.
- Both the Fire TV and THE TV Stick offer you high-definition video and channels.
- The Fire TV and Stick have Alexa voice remote controls that make it easy to find what to play.
- The Firestick is as small as a USB flash drive and lighter than the Fire TV, making it easy to take anywhere.
- Fire TV carries more media channels than Firestick.
- The Firestick is cheaper than the cost of Fire TV.
- Fire TV gets 4K ultra HD and HDR capabilities.